LayED is a powerful all-angles graphics editor especially developed for the layout of complex integrated circuits, including Analog, RF, Digital, and Mixed-Signal designs. Editing features include a rich command set, hierarchically structured databases, very fast redraw speed and screen refresh. Data can be imported or exported in standard exchange formats (GDS2, OASIS, CIF, GERBER, DXF). Parametric cells (PGroups), schematic crossprobing, and a schematic-driven layout option facilitate accurate and productive layout generation.
- Data objects include polygons, rectangles, lines, paths, buses, circles, arcs, groups, or arrays of groups.
- All-angle, 45-degree, and Manhattan options
- Data may be entered hierarchically (up to 30 levels)
- Hierarchical levels viewed may be defined independently for data and text
- Supports multiple design windows (customizable maximum window count)
- Full-function edit-in-place
- Data may be imported or exported in various standard formats (GDS2, OASIS, CIF, GERBER, DXF)
- Optional supervision of imported data to ensure data integrity (vertex count; edge length)
- Flexible command entry – keyboard, hot-key, menu bar, tool bar, layer bar, mouse, or command procedure
- Command procedures allow access to databases and provide variable definition and subroutines
- Case-sensitive structure names (case insensitivity may be set by configuration variable)
- Comprehensive data selection criteria for objects, vertices, text strings, group names, etc.
- Advanced edit features including cut and merge, group creation from selected objects, etc.
- Advanced analysis features (including on-line DRC, connectivity check)
- Accelerated display to facilitate viewing of large designs
- Supports ports and object properties
- Polygon closure preview
- Compatible LayVIEW product allows viewing only (64-bit version also available for viewing large flat databases)
- Easily configured for immediate design entry on launch using initialization files
- Network licensing and shared database management
- Connectivity check (node highlighting throughout the hierarchy by connection rather than text)
- Command file procedures with database access supported and configuration conditions read or re-defined
- Context-sensitive menus
- Dynamic object-related cursor snap
- Provides schematic driven layout with LayCIR
- Allows LayVER to be launched from LayED picking up verification window, group name, and reference libraries
- Seamless interface to LayVER verification databases to interrogate and navigate violations (option)